0
Regular People Go To Fashion Shows For The First Time

- I feel like this day's gonna be better than my wedding day, honestly. (Synth pop music) Fashion Week to me is honestly, I think it's gonna be some craziness, some avant garde shit. - I'm just like this girl from Texas that has never been to a
fashion show in my life. Are they just gonna like, reject me? We planned three weeks in advance what we were gonna wear
'cause we were like, "We gotta get this right,
we gotta get this down." - I bought a dress.

It was $111.00. It was supposed to be
$84.00 But I clicked it at midnight and the sale went away. I still bought the dress. - We can go back to L.A.

And be like. - Actually, wear this color. - You know what? (Bleep) it, let's just go, let's do it. - You said (bleep) it.

- I did, I did. - She doesn't cuss. - Is this New York? - Yeah! (Bleep) fashion, here we come! (Pop music) - On Friday I wanted to go
for a chic, high fashion look so I slicked back my hair, I
put it in a little pony tail. I wore a choker.

I wore pastel pink pants
that were kind of flowy and then some strappy shoes that were not the comfiest, but, fashion. - I decided to wear
like, a floor length gown and it was all black
and it had a cape on it. - [Linday] It was amazing. - And then I wore these black shoes that said (bleep) on them.

- Fashion. - Fashion. - [Lindsay] We're headed
to Nicole Miller right now. Woo! - I'm hoping that it's
like a free, fun place and that it's not like
ritzy and like, meh.

- So we arrived to the show and it's already feeling super chaotic. We're in. I honestly was not
expecting like, what it is. Five people have already like looked me up and down, critiquing my outfit.

- Yeah. Two things, one, I saw one
of my favorite actresses from Orange Is The New
Black, she's my favorite. Two, I also saw a rich
kid from Beverly Hills that I've also seen in Beverly Hills. But that's the update so far.

- So we're waiting in line for the show for like a good hour. They finally let us through and the show's about to start in literally one minute. - [Jazzmyne] Literally. - And there's about 50 or
so people behind us still yet they just close the
doors in front of them.

- [Jazzmyne] We were the last like, maybe ten people to get in and then they were just like, (squeals). - Can you imagine waiting in line for like two hours and then not getting in? (Electronic music) - [Jazzmyne] The first
show had a lot of like, different, really cool patterns. - It was very colorful, it's very preppy. It was cute.

- It was alright. - We did it! - Woo, first fashion show down. - Oh yeah. - I think the biggest
thing we both realized is that like so much goes into it for literally a five minute show.

- Five minutes. It's chaos getting there. You're in traffic, you're
trying to find your spot. And then you sit down, it starts, it's five minutes long and then you leave and you go to the next one.

- And that's it. (Electronic pop music) We're at the Tadashi Fashion Show. We just realized that this
was gonna be all gowns. - Yes! - So this is gonna be cool.

- That guy just took a picture of us! - I don't know what the (bleep) that was. - Okay. (Electronic pop music) When we got there, we
actually had our own seats so I felt super VIP. - [Jazzmyne] It also had
a brochure of the show that told you all the looks that were gonna be coming down the runway.

- We're on the runway. - We're on the runway. You know this is gonna be a good show because the music is slightly scary. - [Lindsay] When it started,
there was this cool, crazy animation.

- It was kinda trippy. It was like a tiger hanging
on to like an elephant. It was saying something with
like, inter-connectivity and just like all being
sound and on the same level and just like chillin', it
was really cool, I liked it. - I didn't get any of
that from that video.

- Exactly. - [Lindsay] Then the gowns came out. (Vibey pop music) The colors were so vibrant. All the gowns had just such a
beautiful structure to them.

- [Jazzmyne] Like, these
looked like just like little masterpieces walking around. - (Singing) It started raining. - (Singing) Fashion show rain. But that fashion show? Tadashi, you know your shit.

- So we just got back from
our first two fashion shows. Nicole Miller was mainly the
same ethnicity, which is white. - The Tadashi show had at least like, three to four women of
color, so that was nice. Something we were not used to, all around in both these shows
was the fact of just like, seeing these model's bodies in real life.

- These high, high fashion models, their job is to sell the
clothes and not themselves. Just become literally a walking mannequin. - Outside of high fashion
I feel like our society is trying to make these huge strides into like, curves, blah,
blah, blah, love yourself. And then we go to these high fashion shows and it's like, woah.

- [Lindsay] This is another club. - Now we're gonna eat Thai
and sushi and go to bed. - Bye, see you Sunday. (Sparse electronic music) Good morning and welcome to our
second day of fashion shows! - Woo! - We're at the BuzzFeed New York office and we're taking all their snacks.

- I personally was excited for Sunday because this is my shit. Street style, weird concepts like, oh! I decided to throw it back
to a little Missy Elliot. (Chirps like a record) Literally a pink velvet
jumpsuit with a hat and some tennis shoes and
I'm not ashamed to say that I rocked the (bleep) out of that. - So I decided to stay with the whole chic trend that I was going
for through Fashion Week and I slicked my hair
back but I kept it down.

I had a really light blue blazer and I had black trousers and
then I just wore tennis shoes 'cause it was more like
casual street style and really comfortable. (Camera shutter snaps) - Today we're going to the
Hood By Air Fashion Show which I'm so excited
for because this is like really cool street style,
Rihanna just wore it, I'm dying if I see her, I can't
believe my life right now. (Record scratch) Yeah we didn't see Rihanna. What was different
about these shows for us is that we were going behind the scenes instead of just attending the show.

(Techno music) We got to meet the Creative Director that basically explained
the hair and make up looks. They were literally like smearing Vaseline and it was inspired by like, kids going and getting like
messy in their parent's stuff. And it was also supposed to be like a little bit of like weird, back of the woods shit going on too. Like the thought process? Like what is going on the actual looks, like it is all absolutely crazy.

And all the models are so sweet and nice. I like just wanna talk,
so that's really nice. - We were just walking down the runway and Whoopi Goldberg was next to me and then all of a sudden
Jaden Smith walks in and then it was Naomi Campbell. - [Jazzmyne] Yeah.

- [Lindsay] And I was like, "Hey girl." (Record scratch) - You did not say hey to her. (Laughter) - That didn't happen, that didn't happen. - We saw Teyana Taylor. I was in a background of a
picture that I didn't know about.

- [Lindsay] So when the show started it was some trippy, like music, that sounded like it was in reverse. - [Jazzmyne] It was great. - This is gonna be weird. The fashions in this show were so cool.

I think knowing what we knew from the Creative Director backstage
and what their vision was like and seeing it go onto the runway was like an amazing experience because we could see how the adolescent, childhood theme transferred
into how they were walking. One guy had like a pout on his face as if he had just gotten in trouble. - He was my favorite! Literally was like. And I liked it because even though we knew the background story to everything, we were still like, what
the (bleep) are we watching? I actually, literally
cried and had to make sure that my eyeliner was not
running down my face.

- It got to the point where I was like, this is beyond fashion,
this is an art piece. I feel so honored to
have like gone to this. It's amazing. (Electronic music) - [Jazzmyne] So we got
in there and it was cool because it was all just like
mix match of everything.

Like nothing was supposed to feel fluid. Not the gender, not
the race, not the hair, not the colors, everything
was supposed to be mixed. It was sick, it was so cool. - [Lindsay] When the show started, there was a performance, like a pre-show.

- [Jazzmyne] What we realized
later that this is called Gypsy Sport and it opened with like almost a half-time performance. - Get it? - Sport. - Get it? - Gypsy Sport. - [Lindsay] Instead of the
models walking out to just music, they had these two presenters
that were basically commenting on the styles
as they walked by.

- And there was also this
really cool mix of colors. They were all just colors
you wouldn't be like, "Yeah, those go together," and they still kind of all
like flowed with each other. Gypsy Sport was awesome. It was really cool to see so many people with like different body
types and skin type.

You could connect with
any of the models there. - I'm like so sad it's over. - I know I can't believe it. - I thought that I'd be
exhausted and want it to end by the end of the week but I
actually had such a good time.

- My biggest take away
from New York Fashion Week, and being like, the people that we are, not 100% in the industry, is to like, if you're gonna go, go and be you. - Everyone that attended the
shows had their own style. There wasn't this common style
that we saw everyone wearing. Like, you are you.

Dress for you. Dress the best way you can
and that's what's accepted. - We'll be ready for you next year. Goodbye year two K 17.

(Pop music) (swoosh and squeak).

Post a Comment

 
Top