0
JAPANESE FASHION TRENDS NOW AND TOMORROW. What will Japanese wear

Big sizes and letting things drop off your shoulder. And stretching your sleeves. I think that's in fashion right now. Strings.

Like necklace strings are in fashion. A bit like that. If you add some grunge it will look like me. Breaking it and making it punk is in fashion.

I think that will be a trend soon. Hey guys this is Cathy Cat and today we have come to Bunka fashion college. One of the most famous fashion schools in Japan. Today I have the pleasure to go round and ask the Students here What styles they think are in fashion right now, what kind of styles will be in fashion, and if they can explain what they're wearing right now.

Let's go and Ask Japanese. I think Fast Fashion is a trend. Uniqlo and H&M and such. Those things are in fashion but we in contrast are wearing something completely else.

I wish other styles would be more in style too. Neo Street fashion has become more popular compared to earlier. What are you wearing right now? Mine is very much Neo Street style. Me too.

Mine is also close to Neo Street fashion. Recently sporty fashion styles seem to be the thing. Mode and Grunge seem to be in fashion. A bit like that.

If you add some grunge it will look like me. Street fashion like styles are bigger now. Mode and Street Fashion mix styles have increased. Casual fashion and styles that use color are being used a lot.

Clothes that are made out of rare materials. People seem to wear that. ? Big sizes and letting things drop off your shoulder. And stretching your sleeves.

I think that's in fashion right now. ? Things that have come out of high fashion brands are in style. Wearing military styles together with casual things is in style. Strings, like necklace strings are a thing right now.

You see those a lot in Harajuku. Yes you do. They sell out too. I think sneakers are still a thing.

They are fashionable, right? Asics Onizuka Tiger things. ? Berets are super popular. Wearing things off your shoulder is in style. Thermals, lace and fluffy things.

Recently, vintage girly is popular with me. Where do you buy it? Shibuya, Harajuku and Koenji. Recently popular fashion? I wear a fur coat with everything. There are so many colors.

Today I am wearing black but I own purple, pink and green and such. It's popular. Are those real? It's real fur. Net stockings.

I match everything with net stockings. Knitted fashion will be in style. It will definitely be a thing. Things keep changing.

There are many different silhouettes. Right now oversized things are in fashion. I think skinny might make a reappearance. The next fashion will not care about gender.

Boys will wear skirts. I think genderless fashion might come to be a new trend. Right now we have genderless fashion, right. Men and women can wear it.

Looking at abroad... ? A stronger form of the punk style might come back in style. The next fashion will be even more free than it is now. Recently in Tokyo, Neo Street fashion has been a thing.

Street fashion get's broken up and turned into a more punk style. I think that's up and coming. Colors will be less flashy. Just blacks and whites.

I think it will be avant garde. Skirts with a different cut and such More casual things. Japanese fashion in general... Works with many layers and accessories.

I like that but next might be the more simple styles, I hope in winter more casual styles will come in fashion. Chinese styles are up and coming. What type of Chinese clothes? Clothes that have lots of Chinese buttons and such. Satin pajama pants with Chinese patterns.

Korean clothes with long sleeves. You see those a lot. What like that?
- Yes. I want Versace to be more popular.

It's expensive but I want everyone to get interested in high brand fashion. But the money! Well money will be tough but... Vintage brands are quite cheap. Everyone get high brand.

I think more gorgeous styles. More gorgeous styles would be really good. ? ? More revealing clothes. Showing your skin more.

Recently, inside of all the fashion strands, there are some that mix nowadays. Fashion styles will merge. So Street Fashion mixed with high brands will be a thing of the future. A metamorphosis of styles.

Using different materials and shapes. I think those would be great. Yes. I think Fast Fashion is easy for the general public to accept.

Those  places and luxory, high brands. That mix of both sides will come to be the next thing. What do you define as Fast Fashion? Fast Fashion is Uniqlo, ZARA and such. They are generally cheap.

And good things. Those mixed with brands. Berets, I guess. I personally want more punk styles.

So you generally want people to wear? More punk fashion. What do you wish would be in fashion? I generally wear Lolita fashion a lot too. So I hope more cute girls will wear it. I wish there were more Lolitas.

I want everyone do wear dresses and headdresses. ? I think that will catch people's attention. When I was in primary school, Harajuku had so many exciting people in flashy fashion. I was always looking forward to going to Harajuku.

Seeing people dressed people in flashy fashion, makes me so excited. I want it to be more popular again. I think people from abroad see that fashion as part of Japanese culture. And decide to go to Harajuku.

They will take lots of pictures and spread that fashion due to that. Abroad more people are wearing Lolita fashion and such... I hope so. I hope more people will dress like this.

Things like this Kimono. A Japanese wearing a Kimono. Clothes that really suit a Japanese person. Japanese clothes fit a Japanese body perfectly.

I think that's what makes it special. If you wear a Kimono, you stand out. In a good or bad way. This should be normal.

At least in my opinion. Japanese type clothes that incorporate the Japanese spirit. I think those might become the next thing, I think. Wearing Japanese fashion second hand or in a cool way I think that would be cool.

That was everything. Thank you. As you can see many students said MODE. MODE seems to be in style right now, which is basically keeping to blacks and whites.

Very simple and plain but kind of cool style. That's one of the big styles here. But then depending on what style the students were into they said different things as well. It was nice to get a good mix there.

Many people said please stop wearing fast fashion, start wearing designer fashion, cause obviously that is their future as well and they want people to dress more unique which brings us to the topic of future fashions. People said we hope that this and that fashion gets more popular, and many people said we had those really flamboyant very unique Harajuku fashion styles and they are starting to die out. How about we bring them back a little bit more. That's a thing that only you guys and people on the streets can do.

Don't forget to wear the things you like, be unique, and enjoy it. I personally feature fashion a lot on my channel, so if you are curious about more fashion, please come and visit my channel and check out some videos that I do about Japanese fashion styles We will also be shooting more videos at bunka fashion college I will put a link there, so you can click on it. Thank you very much for watching and catch you soon on Ask Japanese. (Director is trolling) What?!.

Post a Comment

 
Top