0
Top Trends 2018 according to Pinterest !Womens styleJustine Leconte

Hi everyone its Justine. Pinterest is that
place where people pin things they like: if you take all the pins and the
keywords that get searched and saved on Pinterest boards, all around the world,
then you get a pretty good feeling for the trends that people consider rather
wearable, things that they actually want to try. In other words, on Pinterest you
see trends that we're actually gonna see on the streets. So I looked into the
report that they just released and here are the things that have been pinned a
lot more often this year than last year.

First thing: structured statement
earrings. I'd love to say that I. Single-handedly made big earrings a
thing... I think it wouldn't be entirely true though.

But I really am a fan of
huge earrings so I'm very happy about this one. There are different ways of making a
statement with your ears: a large shape, multiple elements, various materials, a
combination of colors, etc. This is the board that I created for this particular
trend and I've created a Pinterest board for each trend that I'm going to mention
today. Trend number 2: berets.

That's one I honestly wouldn't have guessed
because I think it's a trend being driven by countries that are not France, since in France it is quite clich, a bit old school to wear a beret, nowadays, unless
you're a painter or an artist and you live on a certain hill in Paris, which is
Montmartre ;-) Other than that I haven't seen berets anywhere I have to say. The
traditional beret is in wool with a discreet plaid pattern but modern
berets can have different materials, colors and shapes again. In fact it looks
more like a beanie and women and men can wear them alike. In the past, berets have
rather been men's hats only.

Number 3: embellished shoes. Bling-bling :-)
Embellishments are purely decorative details that don't actually have a
function on the shoe. Embroidered beads might be the first thing you think of
here  la Manolo Blahnik, shoes with that big
buckle on the top of the foot. But embellishments are more varied than this:
McQueen would do thread embroidery all over, Dolce & Gabbana would create a
pattern with beads on the heel, etc.

By the way, if you look at my interest
account (here is my Pinterest name), you will see more suggestions for each one
of the trends. I will be adding more pins on all of those boards. Trend number 4: wide leg. Could that be the end of skinny jeans? Could that mark the
return of non stretchy fabric for pants? It's very interesting actually because
most commercial brands are still offering super tight stretchy spandex
filled fabrics in their jeans, while consumers' interest, according to this
report, seems to have already shifted towards a new silhouette.

By wide-leg,
people who pin mean anything from straight leg to bootcut and bell bottom,
like in the 70's. Notice that the definition of a wide leg
isn't the same anymore as in previous decades. Number 5: logos.
I mentioned loud prints being a trend coming back from the runways in my
spring/summer 2017 video. It has a lot to do with the new design director of
Balenciaga, who got hyped like hell by the fashion press.

So it's really a
designer driven trend and other designers, streetstyle-inspired, have been
going in that direction too, which makes logos a "cool" thing to wear again. Even
luxury brands brand their collections and even in Western European markets, where
luxury usually means high quality but a more discreet statement in terms of
branding. Trend number 6: side slits. Thanks to the Kardashian family for
making a naked leg appropriate to wear outside of the red carpet...

On a dress or
a tunic worn over pants, it's a well-known thing: think 70's. But slits
are now also adapted onto pants or tops. Showing more skin is officially "in", in
2018. Number 7: hundred percent cotton denim.

You might have noticed that right
now, it's pretty hard to find jeans that don't have spandex in them.
Well, pure cotton denim seems to be having a moment again, like the iconic
classic Levi's 501 which had gone a little bit out of fashion and is
coming back, big time. Its fabric is a lot more resistant, it lasts longer, it's
also a lot stiffer than what you can find in stores right now. The
interesting thing here is that jeans without stretch need to be cut completely
differently to allow for movement, which is not compatible with a skinny
silhouette. So this trend is absolutely going
in the same direction as the wide-leg trend that we've seen earlier.

Trend
number 8: lucite and paten leather. So double trend here. Lucite is actually a brand of a sort of acrylic and it refers to this kind of
plastic transparent heel that we've seen on many runways last year. As a shoe, it
is not very durable and exposure to sunlight can make it turn yellowish.

But
it is a vegan alternative to leather so it's interesting to see blue lucite and
patent leather trend in parallel to each other, as they illustrate two different
lifestyles, in my opinion! Trend number 9: long layered clothing. Long and
layered mean "casual" and it means "comfort", so if that can help us get over
that super tight body-shaping trend out there, then I'm all for it.
Layering is a thing every winter, in cold regions of the world. But it can
also be styled in summer and the longer you go, the more you'll elongate your
silhouette. So if you have a rather shorter frame, it is something that you
can definitely try for yourself.

Number 10:
sheer socks. I would never have guessed up one. Maybe that's because I'm French
and I would never show my socks in sandals... So there's no point having sheer
sucks.

But I'm guessing now that other countries do disagree indeed... I suspect
sheer socks to be coming from Asia and I'd love to hear whether you agree if you
are living in Asia right now, and you're watching this. While preparing this video,
I did see some sheer socks worn with sneakers. Now that's rather something I
would do, if the material used feels good on the skin, of course.

I hope you found
this trends interesting and probably also quite wearable, right? Let me know in
the comments below which one was your favorite and if there's one that you
would never ever do - and why? :-) Thumbs up if you enjoyed this video - THANK YOU SO MUCH!
And if you wanna watch more trends, I. Will link down below and here in the
corner (both ways) a video that I did about fall/winter fashion, for this
winter right now, and a hair trends video for 2018. So more inspiration here. And
this month, I will be doing more trend videos, on different topics, because I
think it's an inspiring and nice way of starting the year.

So if you're
interested in that, don't forget to subscribe to this channel! New videos
every Wednesday and Sunday.  See you very soon. Bye! :-*.

Post a Comment

 
Top